gump-general mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [gumpy] refactoring halfway
Date Mon, 28 Apr 2003 17:50:16 GMT

Sam Ruby wrote, On 28/04/2003 19.43:
> Leo Simons wrote:
>
>> Hi gang,
>>
>> wanting to restructure gump to be more in line with "regular" python
>> module organisation, only got about halfway (not tested), so not
>> committed. Did stuff like addition of licensing and conversion to use
>> docstrings as well. Zip attached for interested peeps.
>
> Don't be shy.  Commit.  If you break something, it will be fixed. Nobody
> is depending on this just yet.

Wait a sec, I just had time to look at it, and it's basically the same
as I did before, but backed away because of these questions:

1 - why rss is in gump and not next to build?
2 - shouldn't properties be also in the main dir? (user override)
3 - shouldn't core be in the init module, so it is called as gump?
     (IIUC)
4 - shouldn't view be in teh base dir?

The only thing I'm sure is that the core needs to go somewhere in the
gump package, for the rest I'm confused -> not committed it myself.

             - verba volant, scripta manent -