gump-general mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Problems running gump.py
Date Tue, 15 Apr 2003 14:03:38 GMT

I've copied gump.py to jakarta-gump, and changed line 306 to

   workspace=load('PC103.xml')

where PC103.xml is my profile.

Then I go in the W2k shell, cd in the dir, but after a 'python gump.py'
I get a Gui dialog that tells me that there was a 16bit mode invalid
instruction. bleah :-P

Ok, so I ire up cygwin, and the result it:

barozzink@PC103 /cygdrive/c/jbprojects/jakarta-gump
$ python gump.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "gump.py", line 39, in ?
     class GumpBase(object):
NameError: name 'object' is not defined

Fine, let's try the IDLE Python shell:

IDLE 0.8 -- press F1 for help

   File "C:\jbprojects\jakarta-gump\gump.py", line 345
     dump('project',gump)
                        ^
SyntaxError: invalid syntax
   File "C:\jbprojects\jakarta-gump\gump.py", line 345
     dump('project',gump)
                        ^
SyntaxError: invalid syntax

Finally I double-click on the file, and I finally see something passing
by at the speed of light. Armed with patience, I wait with th epause
button, and finally understand that in this way it works.

I use Python 2.2.2, and put it in front of the path.

Any ideas on why this happens?

             - verba volant, scripta manent -