gump-general mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RT] gump.py
Date Tue, 15 Apr 2003 13:11:35 GMT

Sam Ruby wrote, On 15/04/2003 13.28:
> Today's version resolves some of the properties and directories.
>
> It is not my intent to complete this implementation of gump all by
> myself, but merely to show how it *could* be done to see if it attracts
> a development community.
>
> http://intertwingly.net/stories/2003/04/15/gump.py

Very very very cool, shall I say.

This is the nicest Gump implementation to date I've seen, better than
Vindico, better than current Gump, better than AntGump.

I like it, and I'm trying to learn it+Python together. Python seems very
very nice and powerful, and now I understand why friends are using
jython to create macros for Java GUI apps.

Anyway, using super SciTE (http://www.scintilla.org) I am have folded
the code and I see that it's very neatly layed out.

I'm still learning both your code and the gump.py script together, so I
might come up with stupid questions. One of them is where the system
"should" start processing. Now I see a Demonstration code sectionm, with
rubix hardcoded.

What needs to be done (it will help me look at the code understanding
what it doesn not yet do)?

Could you put this in Gump CVS so we can see diffs?

Gee wiz, thi8s is very nice, thanks :-)

(it's three years since I started learning a new language :-)

             - verba volant, scripta manent -