gump-general mailing list archives

From Gianugo Rabellino <gian...@apache.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-gump/project junit-addons.xml
Date Tue, 15 Apr 2003 11:06:41 GMT
Stefan Bodewig wrote:
> On Tue, 15 Apr 2003, Gianugo Rabellino <gianugo@apache.org> wrote:
>

>>Of course, but what has it to do with *compilation*?
>

> Well, you use Ant for compilation and Ant parses XML files ...

Hmmm... I understand but I'm not sure that this is a Good Thing. The
side effect is that every Gump project needs to depend on a concrete xml
parser "just" because of Ant (which, IIRC, depends on JAXP only). This
means that I can't use Gump to assess whether my code will be happy
against any pure-JAXP-compliant environment since there will allows be a
concrete parser around.

This looks more like an Ant limitation rather than Gump's (Ant needs a
parser and so it will "pollute" the classpath with the one provided),
but still I'm wondering if there is a solution for this particular
scenario. At a very least I would consider the dependancy on a parser
"implied" in the <ant/> element...

--
Gianugo Rabellino
Pro-netics s.r.l.