gump-general mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <pe...@realityforge.org>
Subject Re: How to detect "Friends of Gump"
Date Tue, 08 Apr 2003 09:19:20 GMT
On Tue, 8 Apr 2003 15:32, Daniel F. Savarese wrote:
> Base level projects with
> no dependencies like jakarta-oro will never be yellow.  You can't learn
> much from yellow PREREQ FAILURE results.  If a project that goes yellow
> pays attention to Gump results, it might put pressure on the project
> it depends on that went red to fix the problem.  If the project is not
> a 'friend of gump', it won't know it went yellow.

Something I would love to see and would drastically improve the quality of
gump runs is the ability to do nags on prereq failures. I have attempted to
implement this in the past but failed and hate bash/bat/xsl scripting ;)

If that was to be done then I think quite a few projects would become
considerably more aware of gump and start working towards poking those who
have failing pre-reqs

--
Cheers,

Peter Donald