gump-general mailing list archives

From "Adam Jack" <aj...@TrySybase.com>
Subject RE: Python Gump...
Date Fri, 25 Apr 2003 00:35:20 GMT

	This is the conversation that NKB and I were having this morning.  My
	assumption is that most people will like to work out of the directory
	that contains the workspace that they define.  NKB seems to assume that
	most people would prefer to work out of the directory that the
	implementation is in.

I suspect that until this has matured folks are going to want to keep their
old-style gump separate from their new style, and have both inside one
jakarta-gump tree. As such, I think it is reasonable to expect them to stay
inside the python directory, until this matures and replaces the other...

> So -- I tried moving into the python directory. And did/got:
>
> F:\data\CommonsVersion\Gump\python>gen.py
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "F:\data\CommonsVersion\Gump\python\gen.py", line 81, in ?
>     if f:
> NameError: name 'f' is not defined

	What version of python are you using?  I'm using ActiveState's.  By any
	chance are you using cygwin's?

My Linux python is 1.2 and I don't want to change it today, so I am trying
on an W2K box. I figured it'd be good to see if Python can allow us to use
W2K. So, I have:

	F:\data\CommonsVersion\Gump\python>python
	ActivePython 2.2.2 Build 224 (ActiveState Corp.) based on
	Python 2.2.2 (#37, Nov 26 2002, 10:24:37) [MSC 32 bit (Intel)] on win32

.. I downloaded a day or so after you started this.

regards

Adam