gump-general mailing list archives

From Sam Ruby <ru...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Gump / JAXP
Date Fri, 28 Mar 2003 23:00:05 GMT
Howard M. Lewis Ship wrote:

> Perhaps I'm ahead of myself, since I haven't gotten my first Gump build
> working yet!

I think that you will find that all the functionallity that you
describe, except for automatically downloading dependencies other than
from cvs, is already present in gump, just perhaps not with the names
that you are used to seeing it.

If you look at the gump profile, you will see a list of modules and
projects.  Modules may or may not have build instructions (most
typically this is an <ant> tag).  If they do not, it is expected that
profiles augment the project definition with a package="name" in the
profile so that an already installed verion of this will be used.

- Sam Ruby