gump-general mailing list archives

From Leo Simons <leosim...@apache.org>
Subject Re: account creation request for nagoya.apache.org
Date Sun, 02 Mar 2003 19:08:46 GMT
Sam Ruby wrote:
> Leo Simons wrote:
>
>> Hi root,
>
> Leo, I seriously doubt that root is subscribed here.

hehehe :D I sent this to root, CCed gump.

> Current status is a mess.  Bear with me.

sure. My main problem right now is that I have trouble getting the same
versions of the binary packages as used for the main build, and it
results in some difficult to track problems; I figured I'd grab this
stuff from nagoya.

Also, I ordered myself some new hardware which I'm gonna hook up at home
(one of the benefits of living on campus here is a 100 mbit connection
:D) to run gump and some other stuff on, and it would be easiest to just
set it up as a mirror.

> Pier has indicated that he will be disabling gump on nagoya for a period
> of time while he performs various upgrades.  This suspension will only
> be temporary.
>
> Covalent donated the use of a machine - gump.covalent.net.  At the
> moment, there has been problems with the hard drive which contains gump
> data.  Until this is addressed, there is insufficient disk space to do a
> build.  I am root on that machine, and once it is restored, I will give
> you full read and write access to the gump files on that machine.  This
> will include the ability to do test builds on individual projects
> interactively.

cool!

> There is another machine, moof.apache.org, that has been made available
> to me.  Unfortunately, it segfaults when I try to do cvs updates.  I
> need to find some time to debug this.

I've been 'playing' with moof too. I feel totally lost in OSX so far!

> The "primary" gump machine is on the third floor of my house.  I do not
> give out guest accounts on that machine.

understandable.

>> I am a committer and PMC member for the avalon project and I've been
>> doing GUMP-related work in that respect for some time now.
>
> I know who you are.  ;-)

the assumption is, of course, there may be people working as root who
don't know me (though I've been making more than my usual amount of
noise lately ;)

cheers!

- Leo