gump-general mailing list archives

From "Adam Jack" <aj...@TrySybase.com>
Subject RE: Package jar by id
Date Mon, 31 Mar 2003 15:39:44 GMT

	> 	  <project name="jakarta-slide" package="jakarta-slide" />

	Did you provide a new module definition for slide or use the old one
	(with <cvs> and <ant> and all that)?

Since I know nothing about slide, I used the original.

	> I tried including it in my profile, but then it tries to build it.

	Hmm, remove the <ant> part from the definition.

I did, along with the <depends>, and (not sure why, mis-read this to start
off with) the <cvs> and I removed the remove="true" (jut in case) --- and it
worked. Thank you.

Clearly [to my understanding level] it would seem a nice to have would be
the ability to install packages but use the existing module definitions...
Whenever I edit a definition I risk loosing future updates by the module
owners, I risk introducing errors, etc. Is this something that others think
Gump could do -- i.e. utilize the module definition (when a package) but not
attempt to build it?

regards,

Adam