gump-general mailing list archives

From Leo Simons <leosim...@apache.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-gump/project avalon-excalibur.xml
Date Thu, 27 Feb 2003 15:03:05 GMT
Sam Ruby wrote:
> leosimons@apache.org wrote:
>  > leosimons    2003/02/27 04:11:10
>  >
>  > Modified:    project  avalon-excalibur.xml Log: the vector of change
>  > of altrmi is bigger than that of the excalibur projects. To be able
>  > to fix gump errors further down the dependency tree (ie cocoon deps
>  > on avalon and stuff like that), I am temporarily breaking the
>  > "continuous integration" cycle by having excalibur depend on a
>  > specific version of altrmi. It is not possible to depend on a
>  > specific branch or tag for altrmi as none exist.
>
> Interesting.  The failures last night were due to a removal of imports
> in a key project - excalibur-logger.

I know, and Berin has fixed (here you see the benefit of a working gump
install!). This was just a dumb accident, not an intentional change, and
gump helped us catch it.

Some failures in excalibur from a few nights before were due to moving
of classes between packages within altrmi (ie
http://cvs.apache.org/builds/gump/2003-02-25/excalibur-instrument-client.html).
I've updated excalibur to know about these moves so this error is also
fixed, but I expect there will be quite a few more moves over the next
few weeks. Intentional changes with which it is hard to keep up.

cheers!

- Leo