gump-general mailing list archives

From Leo Simons <leosim...@apache.org>
Subject Re: gump & avalon & altrmi problems cont'd...
Date Wed, 19 Feb 2003 16:50:52 GMT
Paul Hammant wrote:
> Leo,
>
> I think the crucial node is instrument.  Can we go ahead with the extra target for that?

yep. It's not just the recent issue with altrmi though that concerns me.
There is much potential for deadlock with the increasing amount of
common code floating around. The problem hasn't really arisen before
because commons peeps usually make sure there is virtually no dependency
on avalon (well, I actually suspect because excalibur build was broken
so long ;)), meaning the dependency worries have basically been
restricted to the logging stuff until now.

> Or should we look at AltRMI a bit closer in that the cornerstone dependancy is optional
itself for
> AltRMI?

nah. When you look at the dependency management on a granular class
level, all is well. We just need to set things up so this is reflected
in jar packaging.

cheers,

- Leo