gump-general mailing list archives

From d...@multitask.com.au
Subject Re: Licenses et al
Date Fri, 07 Feb 2003 10:12:33 GMT
Continuing this in public...

Sam Ruby <rubys@apache.org> wrote on 07/02/2003 02:01:11 PM:

> Can we continue this discussion in public?  I don't see anything
> sensitive here.  Others can learn.

[snip]

> Re Gump: I marked a number of repositories as containing only
> redistributable items:
>
> http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs/jakarta-gump/repository/jakarta.xml?
> rev=1.2&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup

Yep, but various licenses require the copyright/license to be distributed
along with the code, e.g. xmlunit requires this:
"    * Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above
      copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following
      disclaimer in the documentation and/or other materials provided
      with the distribution."

It's on sourceforge and there appears to be no way to specify that if the
product is redistributable that the license is on file/copied across.

> dion@multitask.com.au wrote:
[snip]
> > On another note, I've noticed commits to gump to add a redistribute
flag
> > to it, but no commits of the various licenses of those marked as
> > redistributable, e.g. jakarta jars. What is the requirement here?
Maybe
--
dIon Gillard, Multitask Consulting
Work:      http://www.multitask.com.au