gump-general mailing list archives

From Christopher Lenz <cml...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: Jar not in classpath
Date Tue, 18 Feb 2003 11:43:06 GMT
Stefan Bodewig wrote:
> On Tue, 18 Feb 2003, Julien Ruaux <jruaux@octo.com> wrote:
>

>>The jar I want on the classpath is not part of any project,
>

> Why not?  Where is it?

It's a patched version of the Eclipse-JUnit plugin that currently lives
in Cactus CVS. AFAIK, the patch has been merged into the Eclipse
repository, but is not yet included with the version installed for Gump.

The cleanest solution would be to attempt to build the plugin from
sources. But having tried to build some Eclipse plugins before, I
suspect building one plugin will end up in building *all* plugins from
source, because each plug-in seems to use at least one new feature from
some other plug-in :-P

> For jars that come with a CVS checkout we've generally created dummy
> projects so far.  For example see the crossdb project in db-ojb.  That
> way we can swap it easily for a project build from sources if it ever
> gets built by Gump later.
>
> The other option is <work> instead of <depend>.

Sounds like the easiest solution for now. Cactus depending on a JAR in
CVS should no longer be necessary after the next milestone of Eclipse
has been released (I think), so a temporary hack would do.

-chris