gump-general mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: nsUML is dead? [was: Re: [Graph] nsuml changes?]
Date Thu, 30 Jan 2003 08:56:46 GMT
On Thu, 30 Jan 2003, Morgan Delagrange <mdelagra@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I think I just passed my "I don't care THAT much" threshhold.

I know what you are talking about 8-)

> Its only consumer in GUMP is Maven.

So not being able to build commons-graph results in not being able to
build maven, which in turn means we'll never get anywhere with the
"bootstrap maven that build project using maven instead of generated
Ant build files" route.  But I digress ...

There is some precedent (xdcolet's HEAD has been unable to compile for
some weeks last year).  Pete changed the Gump descriptor to some fixed
release (which seems difficult for nsUML IIUC) and we built against
that so that things like tomcat would get built at all.

When we later switched back to HEAD, the xdoclet folks had to learn a
lesson in backwards compatibility ;-)

In the nsUML case, making it an installed dependency for now would
certainly work.  IWBNI somebody tracked nsUML to switch back to HEAD
if it ever picks up momentum again, but 'I just passed my "I don't
care THAT much" threshhold.' 8-)

Stefan