gump-general mailing list archives

From d...@multitask.com.au
Subject Re: [maven] maven -> gump project conversion
Date Sun, 05 Jan 2003 08:57:33 GMT
Sam Ruby <rubys@intertwingly.net> wrote on 05/01/2003 12:24:50 AM:

> dion@multitask.com.au wrote:
> >
> > I've done what looks like a first attempt at mapping the maven project
ids
> > to gump projects.
> >
> > Could you please check it out, especially the one's I've marked "not
built
> > by gump" and let me know of any others?
> >
> > You can find it here:
> >
> > http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/jakarta-turbine-
> maven/src/plugins-build/gump/maven2gump.properties?rev=1.3&content-
> type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup
> >
> > With this, the fulcrum descriptor turns out right.
>
> BSF looks problematic.  Most still use "bsf" for now.  Some use
> "jakarta-bsf".  Both are different codebases (renamed packages, for
> starters).
Changed.

> servletapi has a related issue due to versioning.  To a smaller extent,
> cactus shares this.
Maven allows various jars on a per 'project' basis. Gump does too. The
difference is that Gump classifies by cvs repository, rather than content,
if I'm reading it right.

> Most of the excalibur "blades" *are* built by gump.
Do you have details? I couldn't find the ones there.

--
dIon Gillard, Multitask Consulting
Work:      http://www.multitask.com.au