gump-general mailing list archives

From Sam Ruby <ru...@apache.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-gump/stylesheet move.xsl bash.xsl win2k.xsl
Date Thu, 16 Jan 2003 17:28:07 GMT
bodewig@apache.org wrote:

>   Going with the "good idead, crappy code" mantra 8-)
>
>   Cache files that are external to Gump in a new cache directory, use
>   cached files if we cannot reach the external resource.

+1!  Both to the sentiment, and to the code.  ;-)

I ran a test on windows... appeared to cache the files it could access,
and not die because there were ones that it could not.

Note: this should work on the build machines... but one thing I'd like
to note: the following step is always done from a clean checkout, so it
will not benefit from the cache:

http://cvs.apache.org/builds/gump/latest/gump.html

As this step is for verification purposes, this actually is a good thing.

- Sam Ruby