gump-general mailing list archives

From Sam Ruby <ru...@apache.org>
Subject Re: gump issues under winblows and a suggestion...
Date Sat, 11 Jan 2003 20:04:32 GMT
Steven Noels wrote:

>>> Any ideas on my performance issues under Win2k?
>>
>> If the issue is that "echo" is too slow on your machine, then no, I
>> don't have any ideas or suggestions.
>>
>> Other than perhaps to try switching to bash/cygwin.
>
> ... unrelated to Gump specifically, but filesystem access appears to be
> much slower to me when running under cygwin. So switching to cygwin
> might not be panacea.

Unlikely to be a factor, as pretty much all of the time is supposed to
be spent in the native application - the same one in either case.  Of
course, I can't explain why Perl runs nearly comparably on my machine
and dIon's, but the builtin "echo" statement seems to run nearly two
orders of magnitude slower on dIon's machine.

- Sam Ruby