gump-general mailing list archives

From Sam Ruby <ru...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Project profile double update
Date Fri, 10 Jan 2003 15:11:55 GMT
Conor MacNeill wrote:
> Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
>
>> I feel a bit ignorant, maybe I'm only dreaming, but is it possible to
>> have the same /file/ be seen and updated in two different repositories
>> with a link?
>>
>> In this case a project descriptor can reside in the project CVS and
>> still show up and be modifiable from Gump CVS...
>
> On the same CVS server, you mean? Maybe it is possible - Sam seems to be
> doing it with jakarta-gump and jakarta-alexandria/proposal/gump :-)

It *might* work... I'd want to experiment a bit before I was comfortable
with this idea.

As for symbolic link of jakarta-alexandria/proposal/gump to
jakarta-gump, yes it does provide a sort of proof of concept on the
idea.  I did that on a lark as I still have machines updating from the
old location.  After a brief transition period, I plan to shut this down.

The *only* downside I have seen to date is that the commit messages are
routed based on which repository you checked the file out on.  This,
IMHO, is quite acceptable.

- Sam Ruby