gump-general mailing list archives

From Sam Ruby <ru...@apache.org>
Subject Re: question
Date Wed, 08 Jan 2003 16:33:44 GMT
Andrew C. Oliver wrote:
> So I set up gump using your profile, but everything still fails with a
> prereq failure...

>  11:00:06   krysalis-centipede   PREQ FAILURE -
> krysalis-centipede-bootstrap
> 11:00:07 krysalis-cents-bootstrap PREQ FAILURE -
> krysalis-centipede-bootstrap
> 11:00:07 krysalis-centipede-site PREQ FAILURE -
> krysalis-centipede-bootstrap
> 11:00:08 krysalis-cents-site PREQ FAILURE - krysalis-centipede-bootstrap
> 11:00:08 smoketest PREQ FAILURE - smoketest-supplied
>
> the stupid thing is they fail on themselves! :-)
>
> bootstrap:
>
> Build krysalis-cents-bootstrap - Bootstrap build for all cents.
> Wed 01/08/2003 at 11:00:07
> Module: definition home cvs
> Dependencies: krysalis-centipede krysalis-centipede-bootstrap

You wouldn't happen to have a Unix/Linux machine to try this stuff out
on, would you?  You get better output there - telling you exactly what
the prereq failure is.

Meanwhile, take a look at the generated build.bat.  Search for exactly
the PREQ FAILURE message (eek! - the unix scripts also don't have this
typo!).  The next line(s) will be of the form "IF NOT EXIST...".  These
are the file(s) that Gump is looking for.  If there is something wrong
in these names, then you might want to take a look at your workspace.

- Sam Ruby