gump-general mailing list archives

From "Andrew C. Oliver" <acoli...@apache.org>
Subject Re: question
Date Mon, 06 Jan 2003 00:20:12 GMT
Sam Ruby wrote:
> Andrew C. Oliver wrote:
>
>> Would it be possible to have two branches building under gump at once?
>

> Both xerces 1 and xerces 2 are built.  They are in the same cvs, the
> only difference is that cvs tag.  Look at project/xml-xerces.xml and
> project/xml-xerces2.xml for an example.
>
> I'm a bit concerned about the combinatorics that can occur if each
> project starts doing this (which version of poi should the poi-block in
> cocoon2 depend on?)  But within reason, some limited duplication for a
> period of time is acceptable.

cocoon2 should depend on the main branch.

This is a limited engagement.  I plan to screw everything up while I
give POI a through overhaul.  Eventually the performance branch should
meet up with the main branch, but I want to build consenus because I've
gone dark for awhile and done radical things ;-) being a radical and all..

It shouldn't take toooo long to merge.