gump-general mailing list archives

From Sam Ruby <ru...@apache.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-gump/project jakarta-ant.xml jakarta-commons.xml jakarta-taglibs.xml uddi4j.xml xml-crimson.xml xml-xerces.xml
Date Sun, 05 Jan 2003 15:46:37 GMT
Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:

> Sam Ruby wrote:
>
>> Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
>>
>>> Centipede projects use the descriptor to run normal builds, so they
>>> will not move.
>>
>> Gump can follow hrefs, why can't centipede?
>
> 1) I don't want my machine to be connnected to the internet
>    just to build my project. Gump downloads every run so it's not
>    an issue.

What could be better than to have a single place which you can check out
all descriptors?  Imagine all the cross project information you could
generate offline...

> 2) Gump has a profile, Centipede just looks at the descriptor
>    in the project dir.

Perhaps Centipede could have an option / profile / properties file that
indicates where you have a locally checked out jakarta-gump/project
directory, and will look in there if the descriptor is not found locally?

> 3) Do you really mean it? :-P

Yes.

>> - Sam Ruby
>>
>> P.S.  krysalis-centipede/module.xml is not well formed XML
>>
>> http://cvs.apache.org/builds/gump/2003-01-05/gump.html
>

> Nick made a change yesterday, I've corrected it now.

Thanks!

- Sam Ruby