gump-general mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-gump/project jakarta-ant.xml jakarta-commons.xml jakarta-taglibs.xml uddi4j.xml xml-crimson.xml xml-xerces.xml
Date Sun, 05 Jan 2003 14:58:57 GMT

Sam Ruby wrote:
> Christopher Lenz wrote:
>

>>> BTW, no that the descriptors in the Gump module are accessible to all
>>

>> s/no/now
>>
>>> Jakarta (Apache?) committers, would it be recommended to move
>>> descriptors that have been put in the project's CVS (Cactus or
>>> Tomcat, for example) back into jakarta-gump ?
>

> That would be my recommendation.  Why not start with cactus?

Centipede projects use the descriptor to run normal builds, so they will
not move.

I think that having descriptors away from where they belong kinda sucks,
just like having documentation out of the project CVS repository.

If a project doesn't compile with Gump, IMHO it's correct to simply
overrule the remote version and work on a Gump version in the Gump repo.
No need to move, just use another one. But if the project is capable of
managing it, I repeat /if/, it's better that he keeps it.

             - verba volant, scripta manent -