gump-general mailing list archives

From Sam Ruby <ru...@intertwingly.net>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-gump/project jakarta-commons-sandbox.xml
Date Wed, 01 Jan 2003 07:11:54 GMT
dion@apache.org wrote:
>   +    <depend project="nsuml">

For this to work, we need a descriptor for nsuml.  As a suggestion, it
generally is a good idea to run the "gen" target of jakarta-gump's
build.xml.  The only prereqs to run this is JDK 1.4 and Ant.  Or a prior
version of the JDK and Xerces and Xalan or equivalent.  Building the gen
target runs in well under a minute on my laptop.

I also note that the nsuml project is LGPL.  Given that java has no
concept that corresponds to a link as defined by this license, a
conservative reading of the license would make this equivalent to GPL,
and require all code that is distributed with it to be licensed under a
compatible license.

- Sam Ruby

P.S.  I'm pleased to see you diving in like this!