gump-general mailing list archives

From Morgan Delagrange <mdela...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-gump/project jakarta-commons-sandbox.xml werkz.xml
Date Mon, 06 Jan 2003 19:05:28 GMT

name="attributes/target/commons-attributes-@@DATE@@.jar"

> > Is that correct?
>
> Nope.
>
> Just curious, are you actually building this, or
> just "flying blind"?  I
> ask because you are doing such a good job that if
> you actually are
> flying blind, I can't tell. ;-)

I'm semi-blind-flying.  I run the gen target, but I
don't build the libraries.  I wanted to do this on the
weekend, but I couldn't get 'ant gen' to run correctly
on my home machine.  I think the build might be a
little grumpy about CygWin.  I'll figure it out
eventually.

> What I did was start from cutting and pasting from
> commons-attributes.
> I made a (nearly) global search and replace.  I then
> nuked all of the
> dependencies added one dependency and ran it.  Saw I
> needed the work
> directory, added it, and ran again.  Saw it fail due
> to the junit
> failure that we have all seen before, figured I had
> done enough for now,
> and committed it.
>
> The reason why I did this, is that werkz needs the
> jelly ant task and
> maven needs werkz.

That's why I did it too.

> Anyway, from here it should be very easy to add
> other taglibs, don't you
> agree?

Yep.  I want to work out some Maven details (version
naming, why taglibs don't build for me) with dIon
first.

- Morgan

> - Sam Ruby
>

> --