guacamole-user mailing list archives

From Michael Ballard <michaelpball...@gmail.com>
Subject Unable to connect to desktops through reverse proxy at external site
Date Tue, 06 Aug 2019 21:54:40 GMT
I've got Guacamole installed, and it's great as long as I stay inside my
local network. I've got remote.mydomain.com forwarding to my static
address, and then a reverse proxy forwarding that to Guacamole. I'm running
Debian 9, Apache 2.4.25, Tomcat 9.0.22, and Guacamole 1.0.0.

Apache Reverse Proxy config (per
https://guacamole.apache.org/doc/gug/proxying-guacamole.html):
Servername remote.mydomain.com
ProxyPass / http://127.0.0.1:8080/guacamole/ flushpackets=on
ProxyPassReverse / http://127.0.0.1:8080/guacamole

My own internal DNS server resolves remote.mydomain.com to my local server
address, say: 10.0.0.100.

If I connect to Guacamole from another computer in my network, the RDP and
SSH sessions work fine. If I connect from externally, it hangs on
"Connected to Guacamole. Waiting for response..."

The last messages logged for the RDP connection before it hangs are:
guacd[22535]: Loading keymap "base"
guacd[22535]: Loading keymap "en-us-qwerty"
guacd[22535]: Failed to load guacdr plugin. Drive redirection and printing
will not work. Sound MAY not work.
guacd[22535]: Failed to load guacsnd alongside guacdr plugin. Sound will
not work. Drive redirection and printing MAY not work.

The last messages logged for the SSH connection before it hangs are:
guacd[22639]: Successfully connected to host 10.0.0.100, port 22
guacd[22639]: No known host keys provided, host identity will not be
verified.
guacd[22639]: Supported authentication methods: publickey,password
guacd[22639]: SSH connection successful.

These look identical to the messages when I'm connecting from my local
machine and it works.

Both ways of connecting (local and remote) are going through the reverse
proxy, both are just HTTP while testing,

When I connect internally, and then refresh my remote connection, the
thumbnail in the remote session does update.