guacamole-user mailing list archives

From Mike Jumper <mjum...@apache.org>
Subject Re: guacamole not update custom java script
Date Sun, 09 Jun 2019 17:43:47 GMT
On Sun, Jun 9, 2019, 00:30 Manoj Patil <manoj2patil@gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear,
>
> Because of our employee work from Home and the security reason we kept
> those login ip in Mysql server and next time we only allow from that ip
> next one is we monitor there working hour also

Login history is already tracked:

http://guacamole.apache.org/doc/gug/jdbc-auth.html#jdbc-auth-schema-login-history

> hence we make come changes in .JS file

If login history weren't tracked, JavaScript would not be the place to add
such tracking. Relying on the client side to report its own address or to
enforce restrictions would mean that your solution is vulnerable to
tampering.

Such tracking and enforcement can only safely be done server-side.

- Mike