guacamole-user mailing list archives

From Mike Jumper <mjum...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Session not associated with authentication provider "openid"?
Date Mon, 03 Jun 2019 19:05:51 GMT
On Mon, Jun 3, 2019 at 11:39 AM parth.mishra <parth.mishra@corecompete.com>
wrote:

> I've configured OIDC and the module loads correctly, I can sign in using my
> IDP and I'm redirected as expected. However,  I looked at the network
> console in Chrome and noticed that I get the following 404 error message
> when retrieving "/openid/data/users/<username>" endpoint:
>
> {
>    "message":"Session not associated with authentication provider
> \"openid\".",
>    "translatableMessage":
>       {
>         "key":"Session not associated with authentication
> provider\"openid\".",
>         "variables":null
>        },
>     "statusCode":null,
>     "expected":null,
>     "type":"NOT_FOUND"
> }
>
> Does this mean that the OIDC extension failed and is relying on MySQL/db
> backend?

No. Nothing is failing here. The OpenID extension doesn't provide data for
the user account, thus the web interface receives a 404 when it asks the
extension for that data. It's not really an error as much as it is the REST
API communicating the nonexistence of the requested data.

> Functionally, the extension seems to be working as intended. New
> users are able to login and they are granted access even if I haven't
> provisioned the user in the database yet. Users not authorized by my OIDC
> client are unable to login as expected.
>
> So is there something not working that I'm not aware of and I just have the
> "illusion" of the OIDC extension working?

Things are working and as expected.

- Mike