guacamole-user mailing list archives

From Mike Jumper <mjum...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Can't get the client installed
Date Thu, 06 Jun 2019 17:46:14 GMT
On Thu, Jun 6, 2019, 10:35 Goran <sendmailtogoran@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I have installed tomcat9 onto a devuan-testing (debian) server and
> downloaded the client
>
> git clone https://github.com/apache/guacamole-client....
>
> I compiled the client with
>
> mvn package -Dmaven.javadoc.skip=true
>
> Without skipping javadoc I was not able to compile.

Why?

I went on and saw
> that no war file was created.

The .war file is in guacamole/target/.

http://guacamole.apache.org/doc/gug/installing-guacamole.html#building-guacamole-client

So I edited project-assembly.xml

Please revert your changes. You already have a .war file, just not in the
directory you were checking. See above docs.

The guacamole-client project is the parent project for several others,
including "guacamole" which produces the .war. The only build artifact of
the guacamole-client parent project is the source .tar.gz.

You don't need to modify the source just to get things to build, nor will
the modifications you describe have the effect you expect.

- Mike