guacamole-user mailing list archives

From Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Automating creation of users and connections
Date Wed, 12 Jun 2019 22:22:23 GMT
On Wed, Jun 12, 2019 at 3:56 PM DmitriyL <dmitriy.lyubarskiy@threatstack.com>
wrote:

> I have successfully deployed Guacamole 1.0.0, and now looking into
> automating
> some of the tasks for adding users & connections. For config storage I have
> gone with Postgres, so the idea is to run sql commands against the DB.

This should work fine.

> have reviewed the documentation
> (https://guacamole.apache.org/doc/gug/jdbc-auth.html#jdbc-auth-schema) and
> while I've had some success with writing scripts I'm very new to sql so
> it's
> been a struggle. Is there a repo with SQL scripts for managing common tasks
> in Guacamole DB? Thank you.

No, not really - you'll have to come up with your own scripts. They should
be pretty straight-forward, and I'd also suggest that you can use one of
the extension languages for PostgresSQL to write some functions that take
parameters and do most of the work for you (inserting into the correct
tables, etc.).

You can also use the REST API to do some of this work - there also isn't
much direct documentation on that, but it's pretty easy to use a browser
developer console to get the correct calls and parameters and use that.

And, of course, if you're running into specific issues or getting errors,
post back here and we'll be happy to help you out!

-Nick