guacamole-user mailing list archives

From Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: guacamole not update custom java script
Date Mon, 10 Jun 2019 16:29:08 GMT
On Mon, Jun 10, 2019 at 4:57 AM Manoj Patil <manoj2patil@gmail.com> wrote:

> dear,
>
> Sure,
>
>  i am not checking this at client side i am checking client address at
> server side and make changes at server side.

Even if you're changing files on the server-side, if you're changing .JS or
.HTML files, you're making changes to items that *run* on the client-side.
While the JS files are stored on the server, they are static content that
is delivered to the client, and *all* of the JavaScript is run in the
client browser, on the client.  If you need to implement additional
security checks, you'll need to do it in the Java (not
JavaScript/AngularJS) code on the server.  Based on the little you've
described what you're trying to do I would venture a guess that an
additional authentication extension would be the best way to go.

-Nick