guacamole-user mailing list archives

From Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Execute commands pre-connection (vmware-cmd, for instance)
Date Tue, 11 Jun 2019 17:34:57 GMT
On Tue, Jun 11, 2019 at 12:06 PM jokland <sistemas@telematel.com> wrote:

> Hello.
> I am deploying a simple installation of apache guacamole for connect to few
> vmware esxi VM's. I don't have a lot of hardware resources, and I want to
> mantain the unused VM in suspend mode.
>
> I thinked  that when a user want to connect to a VM machine via RDP, and
> the
> VM is suspended, there was some mode to send to the esxi a vmware-cmd
> command to awake the VM.
>
> I don't see any extension for do this. And I don't see any extension for
> execute a command on the server before to initiate the connection for
> launch
> the apropiate vmware-cmd command.

This is definitely doable, but would likely require some additional
programming to write the extension to do it.  I also wouldn't try to use
vmware-cmd - VMware has pretty good documentation for their APIs, so it
should be possible to trigger the correct API call to resume/start a VM
upon login and stop/suspend it upon log out.

> Somebody have an idea that how can I do this?

You'd need to write a custom extension to do it.

-Nick