guacamole-user mailing list archives

From Lukáš Raška <lukasra...@gmail.com>
Subject Unable to specify upload directory in file stream
Date Wed, 12 Jun 2019 10:53:33 GMT
Hello,
we are using Guacamole as part of other application, which is mostly
utilising just the guacamole-common-js library.

Till now we we're using plain output stream with sendBlob method to upload
files to connected server. However due to the 8k limitation in chunk size,
it seems this approach is much slower than it could be. Due to this, we
switched to similar approach as the native guacamole-client is using -
sending the file to dedicated endpoint and then partitioning the file in
backend into 6k chunks before sending it to guacd.

We've successfully benchmarked this approach is faster, but we've found one
issue with file streams creation.

When using for example* client.createFileStream("text/plain",
"/tmp/file.test"),* the ack is errorneous with *SFTP: Illegal filename*,
which is caused by slash characters. When using just *file.test *as
parameter, this uploads just fine into user home folder. So this means we
cannot specify custom path and need to rely on the user home folder (which
might not always work).

Is there any way how to workaround this limitation? I've tried to look into
https://guacamole.apache.org/doc/gug/protocol-reference.html#file-stream-instruction,
but haven't found any option how to specify the directory itself.

Thanks

--
Best Regards

Lukáš Raška