guacamole-user mailing list archives

From Aram Akhavan <a...@nubmail.ca>
Subject Re: Why doesn't guacamole work with Windows 10/Server 2016-19 out of the box?
Date Thu, 27 Jun 2019 02:06:02 GMT
Ok now I've gotten somewhere. With NLA enabled on the remote host, I can
connect if I Ignore Certificates, and also specify the username and
password. Previously, I was just specifying a username, assuming I'd be
prompted for a password like the Windows client does. Only when I
selected "NLA" or "Any" explicitly did the log tell me that the password
was missing.

I'd rather have the password be prompted; disabling NLA on the Host
setting the security to "TLS" explicitly made things work as expected.
(Connected successfully, shown a Windows logon screen)

I guess the moral of the story is don't leave "Security mode" blank! I
wonder if it would be worthwhile to describe these behaviors more
explicitly in the documentation?

Many thanks, Nick.

Aram