guacamole-user mailing list archives

From Zer0Cool <melin3...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Possible to use MariaDB Connector vs MySQL Connector?
Date Tue, 11 Jun 2019 18:19:29 GMT
Here is the error I get in /var/log/messages when loading the Guac
website/login page.

t-guac server: ### Error querying database.  Cause: java.sql.SQLException:
Error setting driver on UnpooledDataSource. Cause:
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.mysql.jdbc.Driver

I am by no means an expert but I think the issue is "com.mysql.jdbc.Driver".
According to this:
https://mariadb.com/kb/en/library/about-mariadb-connector-j/#external-pool I
seems it would work with/expect "org.mariadb.jdbc.Driver" and the site
states:

"Please note that the driver class provided by MariaDB Connector/J is not
com.mysql.jdbc.Driver but org.mariadb.jdbc.Driver!"

I have all the files in the same place I would otherwise, set SEL to
permissive just in case and double checked ownership and permissions and see
no issues like that. From what I can tell it doesnt seem like MariaDB
Connector J is compatible with Guacamole, maybe due to the above?