guacamole-user mailing list archives

From Mike Jumper <mjum...@apache.org>
Subject Re: LDAP search vs. bind - what does guacamole use when?
Date Wed, 01 May 2019 19:51:11 GMT
On Wed, May 1, 2019 at 12:48 PM nicoschottelius <
nico.schottelius@ungleich.ch> wrote:

> Hey Mike,
>
> the problem is that users cannot login like this at the moment. They are
> being shown the "Unable to query list of objects from ldap directory" on
> the
> website message after I see a successful login in the guacamole logs.

> If I understood you correctly, this "should work", as there are no objects
> that are needed to be accessed, or did I understand that wrong?

That is correct. Guacamole does not *need* access to the objects in the
tree to authenticate users. It tries, but any failure is supposed to be
non-fatal. You might be running into:

The above was recently fixed. Feel like testing against git master or
staging/1.1.0? :)

- Mike