guacamole-user mailing list archives

From Mike Jumper <mjum...@apache.org>
Subject Re: "message":"Unexpected internal error" on /guacamole/api/tokens
Date Sun, 12 May 2019 16:39:12 GMT
On Sun, May 12, 2019, 07:29 Ciro Iriarte <cyruspy@gmail.com> wrote:

> This is the default configuration I get after installation:
>
> guacd-hostname: localhost
> guacd-port:     4822
> auth-provider: net.sourceforge.guacamole.net
> .basic.BasicFileAuthenticationProvider
> basic-user-mapping: /etc/guacamole/user-mapping.xml

These packages are looking fishy:

* guacamole-client/guacamole-server is a strange dividing line for binary
packages. You'd expect binary RPMs to be packaged based on the build
artifacts, not the source repository names.
* The "auth-provider" property has had no effect for years. It was
deprecated in 0.9.7 (2015) and removed entirely in 0.9.10-incubating (2016).
* The basic-user-mapping property has been deprecated since
0.9.10-incubating and was removed entirely in 1.0.0.

They may well still "work", but they don't strike me as well maintained. If
you continue to have trouble, I'd suggest installing things following the
manual rather than using those packages:

http://guacamole.apache.org/doc/gug/installing-guacamole.html

If you don't want to build from source, Docker is a possibility:

http://guacamole.apache.org/doc/gug/guacamole-docker.html

As for the logs, have you checked journalctl? I don't know whether
openSUSE's version of Tomcat logs things via the systemd journal, but it
may.

If you have found the correct logs, you should see significantly more
messages regarding Guacamole's startup, including informational messages
noting each extension, the location of GUACAMOLE_HOME, etc. These messages
will be logged regardless of whether startup ultimately succeeds.

- Mike