guacamole-user mailing list archives

From Michael Barkdoll <mabarkd...@gmail.com>
Subject General guacamole-server guacd questions
Date Mon, 06 May 2019 13:53:54 GMT
Hello,

I notice guacd uses 100% of one of my cores when I use the Docker container
implementation in my docker swarm when examining it with a basic top
command.  I'm curious about the following:

   1. Is this normal?  I can't seem to get video to play with full screen
   or high color depth 24/32 bit without it being very chopping.  The server
   has many cores @ 2.4Ghz so I'd like to have it support things like
   full-screen video, so maybe it has something to do with the way that I
   built guacd?
   2. Is VNC/XRDP an easier workload on guacd?  From my testing it seemed
   like XRDP on Ubuntu 19.04 used less than a VNC guacamole connection with
   TurboVNC.
   3. I'm having issues understanding how to install the xf86-video-guac
   driver for X.Org.

   Source:

   https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/5f4a5afa46dfcc974f254cc7bcf962d08e29b7af7459e3030b6f6448@%3Cuser.guacamole.apache.org%3E
   "For guacamole-server, you'll need to specify an additional
   '--with-xorg-module-dir' option for configure to locate the path for X.Org
   drivers:

   $ ./configure --with-xorg-module-dir=/usr/lib64/xorg/modules/"

   What exactly is that configure command being run on?  Is it X.Org being
   built from source?  Is there a Docker container project that uses the
   xf86-video-guac driver for X.Org project that I could use for testing?

   4. How do I modify the guacamole-server Dockerfile to support multiple
   threads or processors?  I saw some discussion about -j5 and j-19 on the
   mailing list previously.

guacamole-server version 1.1.0
Library status:
freerdp ............. yes
pango ............... yes
libavcodec .......... no
libavutil ........... no
libssh2 ............. yes
libssl .............. yes
libswscale .......... no
libtelnet ........... yes
libVNCServer ........ yes
libvorbis ........... no
libpulse ............ yes
libwebsockets ....... yes
libwebp ............. yes
wsock32 ............. no
Protocol support:
Kubernetes .... yes
RDP ........... yes
SSH ........... yes
Telnet ........ yes
VNC ........... yes
Services / tools:
guacd ...... yes
guacenc .... no
guaclog .... no
Init scripts: no
Systemd units: no
Type "make" to compile guacamole-server.

5. I did a session recording with and found the file on the guacd
container, but guacenc wasn't installed in the gaucd container.  How do I
add it or is there a basic FFmpeg command that I can use to convert it to a
.mp4?
6. I see support for kubernetes mentioned in guacamole-server 1.1.0.  I've
just learned docker swarm and now I'm thinking I should know kubernetes, is
that the direction that guacamole will support?  What support for
kubernetes is built into this guacamole-server mentioned above?

Michael Barkdoll