guacamole-user mailing list archives

From zdobe <zbrin...@kent.edu>
Subject Re: Assistance with Apache Guacamole 1.0.0 Client
Date Wed, 01 May 2019 14:46:52 GMT
Hello All,

I was able to get the time zone issue sorted out with the 1.0.0 WAR file!

I'll explain what I went through.

The timezone was set correctly on the server, but I wasn't able to resolve
the error by setting the time zone on the server.

Doing a little bit of research, I was able to find a stack overflow article
with someone having an issue with the time zone in a different setup. They
were trying to set the time zone for JDBC though.

Here is the line that resolved the error for me:

*/To set the daemon default time zone to UTC, edit /etc/mysql/my.conf (or
equivalent) and add default_time_zone = +0:00 to the [mysqld] section./*

I will still need to modify it to be EDT, but that won't be a problem. You
have to use numerical characters apparently as SQL won't recognize EDT, UTC,
etc. This also isn't modifying JDBC directly, but modifying global SQL
configurations to let JDBC see the set time zone.

After modifying this setting, I was able to view the login screen and log in
with guacadmin!

Here is the link for anyone that is interested:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/50901528/setting-a-time-zone-on-a-jdbc-connection

Thank you so much to everyone who took the time to look and assist as well!

Thanks!