guacamole-user mailing list archives

From Mike Jumper <mjum...@apache.org>
Subject Re: RDP
Date Tue, 30 Apr 2019 18:42:39 GMT
On Tue, Apr 30, 2019 at 11:31 AM Lance Gropper <
Lance.Gropper@encorehollywood.com> wrote:

> Hello All:
>

> Now I'm trying to get guacamole to work with RDP, and was wondering if
> anyone had any suggestions as far as what I could be doing wrong: I am
> using Active Directory, and have the username, password, and domain
> entered, but when I try to connect, I get the messages below. It looks like
> it's ignoring the user I'm entering for that system, and using the user
> name that I'm logged in to guacamole with instead.

This will not happen automatically. The values given for username,
password, etc. are always taken from connection parameters. The only
exceptions to this would be if you explicitly entered ${GUAC_USERNAME} or
if you wrote an extension which derives these values dynamically.

If you have one value entered in for username already, but a different
value is taking effect, things aren't being ignored; the only possibility
is that the different value is the one currently stored. Beware that some
authentication methods like user-mapping.xml will cache the details of
connections for the duration of the user's session. LDAP will do this, as
well, for any connections which are stored within the LDAP directory. The
database authentication will not cache things. If writing your own
extension, it's up to you whether things are cached.

- Mike