guacamole-user mailing list archives

From Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Problem w/VNC
Date Thu, 25 Apr 2019 17:51:37 GMT
On Thu, Apr 25, 2019 at 1:48 PM Lance Gropper <
Lance.Gropper@encorehollywood.com> wrote:

> Hello Nick:
>

> I can connect from another client over VNC - it is only asking for the
> password, so I don't know what the user name is...Is the segfault issue
> part of the connection issue? If so, how did guacamole ever work?

The vast majority of VNC servers don't require a username, just a password,
so that makes sense.  Make sure you're entering that password into the
connection information for Guacamole.  You shouldn't need a username.

I can't remember the exact details of the segfault, but seems like it
happened when the password was missing or incorrect (rather than displaying
a warning), and maybe under some other set of circumstances.

-Nick