guacamole-user mailing list archives

From Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Can guacamole record web application through http/s protocol?
Date Wed, 17 Apr 2019 21:35:28 GMT
On Wed, Apr 17, 2019 at 4:49 PM xiaochao <xiaochao_wu@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks for your reply. "I think this would be a killer addition."

You're certainly welcome to use the Guacamole code to build your own
solution that includes this, but the Guacamole Project will not be adding
it, as it is considered out-of-scope for the goals of our project.

> "There are plenty of other software products out there that do this", but I
> do really wonder which one can record the screen?

Why do you care to have the actual screenshots/images of the browsing
session recorded?  Usually for monitoring web traffic it is sufficient to
just record the URLs that users visit, and any data that is passed between
the user and the web server (either up- or down-loads).  There are many
products that already accomplish these goals without actually recording the
exact screens the user is seeing.

-Nick