guacamole-user mailing list archives

From Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Importance of JKS Keystore Fields?
Date Thu, 04 Apr 2019 21:19:31 GMT

> I am then prompted for things like name, org, city, state, etc.
>
> I generally leave these all blank (just hitting enter for each until done).
>
> What I am wondering is if these fields are of any importance in a
> production, internet facing setup? (using Lets Encrpyt for an SSL cert, not
> related to JKS at all)
>
> Is there any benefit to filling it out and/or adverse effects with leaving
> them all blank?
>

>From a technical perspective, I doubt these fields matter.  From a
process/security/identity standpoint, I would imagine it's considered
best-practice and good etiquette to fill in those fields.  The idea is that
you're providing some sort of guarantee of identity to the people accessing
the system - that if someone is asked to go to the page and enter
credentials, and they have any concern about whether the site is what
they've been led to believe, those items will help them identify the site
and the organization to which it belongs.

-Nick