guacamole-user mailing list archives

From brian mullan <bmullan.m...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Authentification using Certificat
Date Tue, 02 Apr 2019 21:47:11 GMT
if you end up using NGINX/Tomcat and obtain a DNS from someone like GoDaddy
you can easily use CertBot from LetsEncrypt to obtain and install
auto-magically into
NGINX the configuration statements needed to obtain & install & use a
LetsEncrypt Certificate.

I used Certbot recently and it was really simple once you have a working
NGINX.

Here is a great write-up that I more or less followed to implement it for
my Guacamole 1.0.0 system on Ubuntu 18.04 w/NGINX, Tomcat8, MySQL etc.

This helped me understand what CertBot does for you.

https://www.digitalocean.com/community/tutorials/how-to-secure-nginx-with-let-s-encrypt-on-ubuntu-16-04