guacamole-user mailing list archives

From Lance Gropper <Lance.Grop...@encorehollywood.com>
Subject RE: Problem w/VNC
Date Thu, 25 Apr 2019 17:55:32 GMT
Hopefully this will change when I get the postgresql going, but I only have the hostname, port,
and password in the file - I also tried ports 5900 and 5901 - both yield same error.

From: Nick Couchman <vnick@apache.org>
Sent: Thursday, April 25, 2019 10:52 AM
To: user@guacamole.apache.org
Subject: Re: Problem w/VNC

[ CAUTION ]

This email originated outside Deluxe.

On Thu, Apr 25, 2019 at 1:48 PM Lance Gropper <Lance.Gropper@encorehollywood.com<mailto:Lance.Gropper@encorehollywood.com>>
wrote:
Hello Nick:

I can connect from another client over VNC - it is only asking for the password, so I don't
know what the user name is...Is the segfault issue part of the connection issue? If so, how
did guacamole ever work?

The vast majority of VNC servers don't require a username, just a password, so that makes
sense.  Make sure you're entering that password into the connection information for Guacamole.
 You shouldn't need a username.

I can't remember the exact details of the segfault, but seems like it happened when the password
was missing or incorrect (rather than displaying a warning), and maybe under some other set
of circumstances.

-Nick

[ CAUTION ]

DO NOT open attachments or click links from unknown senders. Only respond if you can validate
the senders legitimacy.

This e-mail and any attachments are intended only for use by the addressee(s) named herein
and may contain confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail,
you are hereby notified any dissemination, distribution or copying of this email and any attachments
is strictly prohibited. If you receive this email in error, please immediately notify the
sender by return email and permanently delete the original, any copy and any printout thereof.
The integrity and security of e-mail cannot be guaranteed.