guacamole-user mailing list archives

From Lance Gropper <Lance.Grop...@encorehollywood.com>
Subject RE: RDP
Date Tue, 30 Apr 2019 23:27:05 GMT

From: Mike Jumper <mjumper@apache.org>
Sent: Tuesday, April 30, 2019 4:12 PM
To: user@guacamole.apache.org
Subject: Re: RDP

[ CAUTION ]

This email originated outside Deluxe.

On Tue, Apr 30, 2019, 16:01 Lance Gropper <Lance.Gropper@encorehollywood.com<mailto:Lance.Gropper@encorehollywood.com>>
wrote:
Hello Mike:

I followed these instructions - this is a clean install:

https://deviant.engineer/2016/11/guacamole-incubator-centos7/<https://nam02.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fdeviant.engineer%2F2016%2F11%2Fguacamole-incubator-centos7%2F&data=02%7C01%7CLance.Gropper%40encorehollywood.com%7Cea0923785df74ffc482008d6cdc146b2%7C8688c7c41f2a4115a918361023dde469%7C1%7C0%7C636922627350310776&sdata=m542wWnH%2FTNmLEK3gFIAVQjLxqgZiAzXWncTqIPdvBc%3D&reserved=0>

Somehow, all of the libraries appear to be 1.0.0:

[root@guacamole-post etc]# rpm -qa | grep uac
libguac-client-ssh-1.0.0-1.el7.x86_64
libguac-client-vnc-1.0.0-1.el7.x86_64
libguac-client-rdp-1.0.0-1.el7.x86_64
libguac-1.0.0-1.el7.x86_64

Yikes.

The instructions linked above are incorrect. You shouldn't be installing libguac, etc. from
RPMs and then also building guacamole-server from source. The libguac and libguac-client-*
libraries are part of guacamole-server and will now be mismatched, with different versions
of structures being expected by different components.

You should remove the versions installed via RPMs or remove the version built from source.
Ideally, remove everything, pick one (your distro's RPMs or the source) and install that.
If you're in a position where you can blow everything away and start over, that would be better.

Official instructions for install+build are in the manual:

http://guacamole.apache.org/doc/gug/installing-guacamole.html<https://nam02.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fguacamole.apache.org%2Fdoc%2Fgug%2Finstalling-guacamole.html&data=02%7C01%7CLance.Gropper%40encorehollywood.com%7Cea0923785df74ffc482008d6cdc146b2%7C8688c7c41f2a4115a918361023dde469%7C1%7C0%7C636922627350320781&sdata=0woahy5Oi5XEUUnWhzzS4vva2pCZeNqGnFKjSXCT2oo%3D&reserved=0>

If you choose to go with your distribution's packages, don't also build from source. If your
distribution provides libguac and libguac-client-*, it should also provide a guacd package.

- Mike

[ CAUTION ]

DO NOT open attachments or click links from unknown senders. Only respond if you can validate
the senders legitimacy.

This e-mail and any attachments are intended only for use by the addressee(s) named herein
and may contain confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail,
you are hereby notified any dissemination, distribution or copying of this email and any attachments
is strictly prohibited. If you receive this email in error, please immediately notify the
sender by return email and permanently delete the original, any copy and any printout thereof.
The integrity and security of e-mail cannot be guaranteed.