guacamole-user mailing list archives

From Lance Gropper <Lance.Grop...@encorehollywood.com>
Subject RE: Assistance with Apache Guacamole 1.0.0 Client
Date Mon, 29 Apr 2019 19:52:47 GMT
Hello Nick:

I think this is similar to the problem I had - Guac isn't seeing the SQL backend, so there
is no default logins/credentials. I had to manually create the user-mapping.xml file.

Lance

From: Nick Couchman <vnick@apache.org>
Sent: Thursday, April 25, 2019 1:16 PM
To: user@guacamole.apache.org
Subject: Re: Assistance with Apache Guacamole 1.0.0 Client

[ CAUTION ]

This email originated outside Deluxe.

On Thu, Apr 25, 2019 at 4:13 PM zdobe <zbrindle@kent.edu<mailto:zbrindle@kent.edu>>
wrote:
Hello All,

I am very new to Apache Guacamole and Tomcat. I am a moderate user of
Debian. Very light user of SQL.

I have tried to set up Apache Guacamole 1.0.0, but have encountered an error
that has stumped me.

Current Environment:

Debian 9 (9.8)

Tomcat8

Apache Server / Client 1.0.0

MariaDB 10.8

This is a fresh native install. Unfortunately, the 1.0.0 WAR file does not
display anything except a blank page and the icon on the tab for whatever
browser i try to access it in.

During my troubleshooting, I found that if I replaced the 1.0.0 WAR file
with the 0.9.14 WAR file i was able to see the login screen just fine.
Although, it wouldn't let me log in with the default credentials, but i want
both the client and the server to be running on the same version. This is a
minimal setup, no extra extensions like LDAP, SSL, or anything else EXCEPT
for the JDBC extension. There is no proxy needed for internet access.

I imported the user schema from the manual according to the directions, but
that was for the 1.0.0 version of the guacamole-auth-jdbc.

I'm not really sure what I did wrong, but I can provide any logs or details
that you need. I don't know why the 1.0.0 WAR client will not work for me
and i haven't been able to find much about this issue online, except for
some that have utilized Docker with Docker related solutions.

We'll definitely need the log messages to further debug this.

-Nick

[ CAUTION ]

DO NOT open attachments or click links from unknown senders. Only respond if you can validate
the senders legitimacy.

This e-mail and any attachments are intended only for use by the addressee(s) named herein
and may contain confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail,
you are hereby notified any dissemination, distribution or copying of this email and any attachments
is strictly prohibited. If you receive this email in error, please immediately notify the
sender by return email and permanently delete the original, any copy and any printout thereof.
The integrity and security of e-mail cannot be guaranteed.