guacamole-user mailing list archives

From Lance Gropper <Lance.Grop...@encorehollywood.com>
Subject RE: Doesn't work with VNC servers
Date Mon, 29 Apr 2019 23:13:32 GMT
I'll try it - I'm getting ready to blow off and reinstall everything anyway...

From: Mike Jumper <mjumper@apache.org>
Sent: Monday, April 29, 2019 4:12 PM
To: user@guacamole.apache.org
Subject: Re: Doesn't work with VNC servers

[ CAUTION ]

This email originated outside Deluxe.

On Mon, Apr 29, 2019, 16:08 Lance Gropper <Lance.Gropper@encorehollywood.com<mailto:Lance.Gropper@encorehollywood.com>>
wrote:
Hello Mike:
Except that is with TightVNC. With RealVNC, it says "Unknown authentication method used."

You may need to change RealVNC's settings. I believe their VNC server defaults to accepting
only proprietary auth mechanisms that are only implemented in their proprietary client.

- Mike

[ CAUTION ]

DO NOT open attachments or click links from unknown senders. Only respond if you can validate
the senders legitimacy.

This e-mail and any attachments are intended only for use by the addressee(s) named herein
and may contain confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail,
you are hereby notified any dissemination, distribution or copying of this email and any attachments
is strictly prohibited. If you receive this email in error, please immediately notify the
sender by return email and permanently delete the original, any copy and any printout thereof.
The integrity and security of e-mail cannot be guaranteed.