guacamole-user mailing list archives

From Zer0Cool <melin3...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Where does guacd check for libjpeg-turbo?
Date Thu, 11 Apr 2019 13:49:30 GMT
I guess to clarify, to this point I had been using symlinks with
libjpeg-turbo (2.0.2 rpm, CentOS/RHEL 7.x), specifically:

ln -vfs /opt/libjpeg-turbo/include/* /usr/include/
ln -vfs /opt/libjpeg-turbo/lib??/* /usr/lib64/

The problem is, part of the 2nd command fails, seemingly with
/opt/libjpeg-turbo/lib64/pkgconfig/ and /usr/lib64/pkgconfig/ (cannot
overwrite directory).

Despite the failure Guacamole still works seemingly without issue.

This made me question, what exactly I need to symlink to for it function
properly. Do I just need to adjust the second command not to fail/attempt
the /pkgconfig portion or am I symlinking too much?

I have tried adding addition switches to the ln command and nothing has
prevented the error. For now I have my error handler skip this command using
"|| true" at the end but want to verify that I am handling libjpeg-turbo
correctly. Documentation on its setup with Guac is next to non-existent. The
version included with the CentOS repo is also ancient, something like
version 1.2.x or something so I want to avoid that.

Thanks