guacamole-user mailing list archives

From <harry.dev...@faa.gov>
Subject Database issue installing version 1.0.0
Date Thu, 28 Mar 2019 13:01:00 GMT
We have a new machine that we're setting up with Guacamole, and I'm putting version 1.0.0 on
it (we have 2 others that are running 0.9.13 currently).  When I try to implement the MySQL
database portion, I'm getting the following errors in /var/log/messages (this is a RHEL 7.6
server):

Mar 28 08:56:26 armt server: Loading class `com.mysql.jdbc.Driver'. This is deprecated. The
new driver class is `com.mysql.cj.jdbc.Driver'. The driver is automatically registered via
the SPI and manual loading of the driver class is generally unnecessary.
Mar 28 08:56:26 armt server: 08:56:26.452 [http-bio-8080-exec-5] ERROR o.a.g.rest.RESTExceptionMapper
- Unexpected internal error:
Mar 28 08:56:26 armt server: ### Error querying database.  Cause: java.sql.SQLException: The
server time zone value 'EDT' is unrecognized or represents more than one time zone. You must
configure either the server or JDBC driver (via the serverTimezone configuration property)
to use a more specifc time zone value if you want to utilize time zone support.
Mar 28 08:56:26 armt server: ### The error may exist in org/apache/guacamole/auth/jdbc/user/UserMapper.xml
Mar 28 08:56:26 armt server: ### The error may involve org.apache.guacamole.auth.jdbc.user.UserMapper.selectOne
Mar 28 08:56:26 armt server: ### The error occurred while executing a query
Mar 28 08:56:26 armt server: ### Cause: java.sql.SQLException: The server time zone value
'EDT' is unrecognized or represents more than one time zone. You must configure either the
server or JDBC driver (via the serverTimezone configuration property) to use a more specifc
time zone value if you want to utilize time zone support.

I downloaded MySQL JDBC driver and put it in /usr/share/tomcat/.guacamole/lib as instructed,
and tomcat and guacd restart successfully.  But when I try to load the page, I get a 500 error
in the debug console, and the error above in /var/log/messages.

Ideas?
Thanks,
Harry

Harry Devine
DOT/FAA/AJM-2412
Common ARTS Software Development
Terminal Server (NASDAC) Adminstrator
Red Hat Certfied System Adminstrator (RHCSA)
harry.devine@faa.gov<mailto:harry.devine@faa.gov>
(609)485-4218
Building 300, 3rd Floor, Column L20 (3L20)