guacamole-user mailing list archives

From Mike Jumper <mjum...@apache.org>
Subject Re: radius plugin with linotp/privacyidea
Date Sat, 30 Mar 2019 20:09:11 GMT
On Sat, Mar 30, 2019 at 12:02 PM Not Speedy <notspeedy01@gmail.com> wrote:

> since you are opening a jira on the parsing, please consider making this
> field editable via en.json.

Adding more knobs shouldn't be the default approach to solving an issue.
Setting that aside and assuming this would be a desirable configuration
option, I don't think "just make it configurable" is valid here. There
isn't really an "it" to configure. The field in question isn't a single
known field but a challenge issued by the RADIUS server - one of perhaps
several.

I understand your reason for making this display  the response, but there
> are some cases in which that it would be nice to simply or remove the txt
> (some people are easily confused by input boxes with text in them).

The possibility that users will be confused by input boxes with placeholder
text feels pretty remote ...

In any case, we shouldn't amputate the only source of context for a
credential prompt, particularly where that prompt is arbitrary (is it an
OTP? another password? mother's maiden name?) and may be only one of
several in a sequence. I *do* think it would make sense to render challenge
text received from the RADIUS server such that it more closely matches the
expectations of RADIUS (that the text will be presented to the user as a
prompt):

[image: rearrange-radius-prompt.png]

- Mike